It’s that time of year again! The iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus release has the social media world abuzz. Among other improvements, the new iPhone features increased baseline memory, an upgraded camera, and a waterproof exterior. But do you really need the new iPhone? Our quiz is here to help you make an informed decision based on your current cellular situation. Simply answer the following questions and total your score at the end.
1. Which generation is your current model?
- iPhone 6 / iPhone 6s (0 points)
- iPhone 5 / iPhone 5s / iPhone SE (1 point)
- iPhone 4 / iPhone 4s (3 points)
- Non-iPhone (4 points)
2. What condition is your iPhone in?
- Mint condition (0 points)
- Manageable wear and tear (1 point)
- Cracked screen (3 points)
- Looks like it was hydraulically pressed (5 points)
3. How much would you estimate you use your phone in an average day?
- 0-1 hours (0 points)
- 1-2 hours (1 point)
- 2-3 hours (2 points)
- 3+ hours (3 points)
4. What do you use your iPhone for?
- Calls and texts (0 points)
- Office work (emails, conference calls, etc.) (1 point)
- Social media: updating Facebook, Instagram, Twitter (2 points)
5. Which best describes how much disposable cash you have?
- I’m strapped (0 points)
- I eat out once a week (1 point)
- I bought a drone because it looked fun (2 points)
- I have a wine cellar (3 points)
6. What’s your relationship with water like?
- One word, four syllables: hydrophobic (0 points)
- I own a Nalgene water bottle (1 point)
- I live in Seattle (3 points)
- My iPhone is magnetized to bodies of water (5 points)
7. How much memory do you typically use? I store:
- The bare minimum (0 points)
- Only my favorite music, photos, and apps (1 point)
- Every song I’ve ever listened to and every photo I’ve ever taken (3 points)
8. How important is iPhone photography to you?
- Not at all (0 points)
- Snapchat is fun when I’m out with friends (1 point)
- I’m kind of a big deal on Instagram (2 points)
- I’m a professional photographer (3 points)
No need to buy the new iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus. Heck you could probably downgrade and still be just fine.
You might, however, want to give your iPhone a facelift. We just so happen to sell snazzy iPhone cases. Take a look at our collection.
Unless you’re expecting a Christmas bonus or have a looming suspicion you’re going to win your next Lotto Quick Pick, there’s no real reason to upgrade.
However, maybe you would like to learn how to make your iPhone run faster or how to make your battery of your old device run longer.
Flintstone your way over to the nearest Apple store and upgrade, now. Right now.
Oh, and keep us in mind when you’re shopping for an iPhone case. Here's why.