You may have noticed Apple now offers two new color options for the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus: Jet Black and Matte Black. (If you don’t already know, the Jet is glossy and sleek, while Matte is the opposite--unreflective and rugged.) The two additional colors are refreshing alternatives to the ubiquitous silver-backed iPhone and the less common gold and rose-gold selections. But which one is better? Well that depends on your personal preference and lifestyle. That’s why we have created an easy seven-question quiz to help you compare and make an informed decision.
1. What is the color of your current iPhone?
- Space Grey or Silver (0 pts)
- Gold (1 pt)
- Rose Gold (2 pts)
2. How do you typically dress when you go out?
- T-shirts and jeans (0 points)
- I sometimes throw on a button-down (1 pt)
- Blazer and slacks with dress shoes (2 pts)
- I buy a different suit for every occasion (3 pts)
3. Hypothetical: you just won the lottery, what do you do next?
- Invest it all in risk free government bonds (0 pts)
- Vegas! (But no bottle service or fancy cabanas.) (1 pt)
- What's that? I can't hear you over the sound of my G5 (3 pts)
4. Do you use an iPhone case?
- Absolutely. It's protective and helps with grip (0 pts)
- Most of the time (1 pt)
- No, I love to feel and see my iPhone at all times (3 pts)
5. Is you iPhone case transparent?
- No, it's practically a bank vault (0 pts
- Kinda, it's translucent (1 pt)
- Yes, it's perfectly clear (2 pts)
- I already told you, I don't use a case (3 pts)
6. How much do scratches and scuffs bother you?
- I freak out and buy a new iPhone if I notice one scratch (0 pts)
- They're annoying but I can deal (1 pt)
- I can play tic-tac-toe on the back of my iPhone (3 pts)
7. Quick, without thinking: Indiana Jones, James Bond, or Darth Vader?
- Indiana Jones (0 pts)
- James Bond (2 pts)
- Darth Vader (3 pts)
Easy decision, go with Matte. It’s durable and doesn’t scuff. It also won’t go out of its way to stand out--perfect for your hard-working, humble, and adventurous lifestyle.
Leaning Matte. It fits your personality and preferences better, but you could go for Jet and it wouldn’t be too far from the ordinary.
Leaning Jet. You might not be the glossiest individual, but you don’t mind receiving the occasional double-take when you walk into a room.
Jet. There’s really no other option for you. You’re as sleek as sleek gets, and you won’t stand for anything less than the most on-fleek accessory you can have.